“I need travel information for getting to the hotel, to & from the airports, etc. ”
No Problem! Here is a ton of GREAT information!
Public Transportation Overview
Chicago is a very large city with two separately run and separately priced public transit systems serving the city itself and the extensive suburbs.
Different routes run at different times of the day, and an online search for the most up-to-date information for your specific travel times is HIGHLY ADVISABLE.
Many folks use the Chicago public transit options for business and pleasure, and they are designed for high capacity work commute times on weekdays and less frequent pleasure travel on weekends.
Public Transport from Chicago Airports:
There are three public transportation systems:
- Metra (light rail, trains to many places including other states)
- Chicago Transit Authority – CTA (buses and trains)
- PACE (buses)
- From O’Hare International Airport (22 miles): Follow signs out of the airport to I-294 South.Take I-294 South To I-88 West. Follow I-88 West To Route 53 South. Exit Route 53 South and go through the first stoplight. Hyatt Regency Lisle near Naperville driveway is on the right side.
- From Midway Airport: Take Cicero Avenue (Route 50) North to I-55 South to I-355 North. Follow I-355 North to I-88 West to Route 53 South. Exit Route 53 South and go through the first stoplight. Hyatt Regency Lisle near Napervile driveway is on the right side.
- From the Western suburbs/Iowa: Take I-88 East to Naperville Road Exit. Turn Left at the light. Turn Right at Warrenville Road. Proceed 4 stoplights and turn right into Hyatt Regency Lisle near Naperville. Hyatt Regency Lisle near Naperville is located at the intersection of Warrenville Road and Route 53.
- From the South suburbs: Take I-55 South To I-355 North. Take I-355 North To I-88 West To Route 53 South. Exit Route 53 South and go through the first stoplight. The Hyatt Regency Lisle near Naperville driveway is on the right side.
- From the North suburbs: Take I-90 to Route 53 South to I-355 South. Take I-355 South to I-88 West to Route 53 South. Exit Route 53 South and go through the first stoplight. Hyatt Regency Lisle near Naperville driveway is on the right side.
The Regional Transit Authority (RTA) is an umbrella group covering all of these systems. Poking around on their website gave me ALMOST as much decent information as using Google Maps to explore routes but also pricing and payment information AND information about Accessibility!
There are two main options to fly into Chicago: O’Hare International (ORD) and Chicago Midway (MDW). Public transportation from an airport to the host hotel will take around two hours and involve a CTA train, then a transfer to the Metra BNSF (to Aurora), followed by multiple transfers to bus lines.
THERE IS NO AIRPORT SHUTTLE FROM THE HOTEL
The host hotel provides Complimentary Self Parking and there is Team Bus and R.V. parking on site.
Rideshare platforms in Chicago serve the airports and Lisle.
We recommend these two in particular:
Fare estimates are around $40
Feel free to post on Fetlife to find people arriving around the same time as you. It’s possible to pool resources and share a ride from the airport.