Ropecraft Chicago 2024 Ticket Policies
Sometimes things come up and we change our plans and sometimes things come up and the world changes our plans. In order to run our event, we need to have reasonable certainty of our resources in order to provide a quality experience for our attendees.
If you are unable to commit to coming, please hold off on purchasing a ticket for this year until you know for sure that you can make it as refunds are not available.
If you do not yet know who you would be attending with, please hold off on purchasing a second ticket as tickets must be assigned to a real person at the point of purchase. Placeholder tickets will not be honored.
If you have registered for our 2024 event and cannot make it for any reason, we will miss you and can transfer your ticket to our next in-person event in 2025 as long as you notify us ahead of the event by email to [email protected] that you will not be attending. You will also then need to contact registration before the next event to get a registration code and formally register after ticketing starts for that event so you can update your information. Preparing to host our event involves months of preparation and planning as well as travel and supply costs, and we hope that this policy removes stress and uncertainty about the impacts of last-minute plan changes for all folks involved.
We are able to do three things for you to help out if you can’t make it to our event due to personal illness, injury or circumstances:
- We are able to offer you a complimentary ticket to our next event at any point. You don’t need to do anything special to do this – please contact us after the event at your convenience for details on how to register for the next one!
- We also offer you the opportunity to transfer your ticket to another person as a gift or for a sale price you set between yourselves as long as you complete this process by May 5th, 2024.You will need to contact [email protected] to provide the new attendee’s information by 5/5/2024 in order to process a transfer for this event. Please write us from the email you registered with and provide the following information:
- A copy of your ticket (assigned to your name as the attendee)
- The new attendee’s legal name
- The new attendee’s badge name
- The new attendee’s pronouns
- The new attendee’s contact email address for Ropecraft correspondence
In the unlikely event of a cancellation of our 2024 event, tickets will by default be transferred to our 2025 event but refunds may be requested by email as well.
All requests need to be submitted by email to [email protected] and cannot be accepted any other way.
This event does not offer refunds. In terms of attending the event, we consider tickets to be the property of the person whose legal name is specified as the attendee for the ticket. We will need the permission of this person to process a transfer of a ticket if the name of the attendee and the purchaser are not the same. You must purchase tickets only for yourself or other real people at the time of registration, and each ticket must state the name of the attendee at that time. No placeholder tickets will be honored.
To be clear:
If you purchase a ticket for another person, you may only reassign that ticket with the permission of the person whose name is attached to the ticket.
If your event ticket was purchased by someone else, No one can anyone reassign your ticket to a different person without your permission. You will need permission from the person who purchased your ticket for you to transfer it to anyone else.
All requests must be made by email to [email protected].